The Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon
Crafts Council Executive Director Rosy Greenlees has been selected as Chair for the inaugural Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon.
The Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon will bring together a diverse and dynamic body of people from the Arts to share ideas and debate on developments in the Arts. And also support the selection of an annual prize winner who will receive a substantial sum to support him/her in the development of their career.
Guided by Rosy Greenlees, the Salon members will select a London-based emerging talent in contemporary craft who has been working professionally for no longer than five years.
“In my position as Executive Director of the Crafts Council, I am delighted to Chair the Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon, highlighting the talents of young British makers, whose craft will be given the opportunity to shine,” said Rosy Greenlees.
Candidates will be nominated by leaders in the craft sector and the winner’s work will evoke a contemporary interpretation of the Art Nouveau spirit of the House of Champagne Perrier-Jouët, ‘transforming the mundane of everyday life into something truly beautiful’.
Notes to Editors
The winner will receive the following support:
• £10,000 cash prize to support their career development
• An exhibition of their current work on display at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel Chambers Club in June/July 2013
• All expenses paid trip to the Perrier-Jouët Maison Belle Époque, Epernay, France, which houses the largest private collection of Art Nouveau works in Europe
• All expenses paid trip to Design Miami, December 2013, the world’s foremost design fair, of which Perrier-Jouët is champagne sponsor
Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon Inaugural Members are
• CHAIR FOR 2013: Rosy Greenlees, Executive Director, The Crafts Council
• Peter Aspden, Arts Writer, Financial Times
• Tord Boontje, Artist
• Claire Brewster, Artist
• Louisa Buck, Arts Writer, The Art Newspaper
• Tony Chambers, Editor, Wallpaper Magazine
• Claire Coles, Artist
• Caroline Daniel, Editor, FT Weekend Magazine
• Nancy Durrant, Arts Writer, The Times
• Nicole Farhi, Fashion Designer
• Harry Handelsman, Art Collector
• Stephen Jones, Milliner
• Kate MccGwire, Artist
• Julia Royse, Curator and Art Advisor
For more press information on the Perrier-Jouët Arts Salon please contact Alex Wilson at Campbell-Bell Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 731 1499.