The Crafts Council is a vibrant organisation dedicated to promoting crafts in the 21st century. And we're a London Living Wage employer. Come work with us!
Learning & Participation Manager
Salary Scale (Officer) £28,000 - £31,000
As the national agency for contemporary craft, the Crafts Council’s aim is to the make the UK the best place to make, see, collect and learn about contemporary craft. Our high quality learning and participation initiatives for children, young people and the wider public are essential to the success of this goal.
As a member of the Crafts Council’s Learning and Talent Development team, you will develop and manage learning and participation projects to ensure that children and young people have the opportunity to learn about and make contemporary craft. Current initiatives include Make Your Future, Make Shift Do, Craft Club, and our exhibition learning programme.
The Learning and Participation Manager will:
- Manage effective and high-quality delivery of Crafts Council learning and participation initiatives.
- Build productive collaborative relationships with cultural and education partners for development and delivery of learning and participation projects.
- Contribute to the design and development of future learning and participation initiatives to engage diverse audiences and widen participation.
Crafts Council - Appointment of new Trustee/s
The Crafts Council is the national organisation for craft. As an independent charity our work is made possible by the generous support of trusts and foundations, individual patrons, and corporate sponsors, and through public funding by Arts Council England.
We wish to appoint Trustees who will share our belief in the value of craft to the nation’s cultural, social and economic life and help us secure the future of craft.
Over 3.8m people attend Crafts Council exhibitions, showcases, schools’ projects and festivals across the country and we support a wide range of makers in their career development.
In 2021 we will celebrate our 50 year anniversary. To ensure we can play a key role in the future of craft we are developing a new vision and business plan, aiming to reach more people through our work and increase the impact we make.
We are particularly looking for Trustees in the areas of:
- A creative practitioner with roots in making and involved in commercial design and business
- A senior cultural leader with good organisational skills and networks
- A well networked individual who can help us raise our profile as we seek new partners, funders and supporters
You will have an excellent track record in your own work and will be an ambassador for the Crafts Council with great advocacy and networking skills, contacts and profile so that we can continue to grow our support of contemporary craft.
How to Apply
Crafts Council, 44a Pentonville Road, London N1 9BY
Tel. 020 7806 2500
Closing date: Midday Friday 9 December
Interviews: Mid January 2017