Part of a new series of Crafts Council half-day workshops
Our export workshop will allow craft makers new to or considering export to make informed choices abut this step in their business development.
The workshop will introduce:
- Researching international markets - where to look; what to look for; identifying and navigating the globe
- Analysing the market & planning – how do you know it’s the right market for you & the right time for you?
- Routes into markets: understanding the various approaches & types of opportunities available
- Sources of information & support available – who are the various bodies, what do they do & how might they help.
The session will include presentations by makers already working internationally, as well as information from relevant bodies such as the British Council, UKTI, and individual dealers and curators. As this workshop runs over lunch, participants are welcome to bring their own packed lunch. Tea and coffee will be provided by the organisers.
- Laura Baxter, Jeweller: Laura will be talking about her experience as a maker working with international markets
- Heather Guile, International Trade Adviser, UKTI: Heather will be talking about UKTI and how it supports Bristish businesses to export