On Thursday 19 January 2017, at The Sorting Office, Eastleigh, 1.30 – 5.30pm
Book now: Just £25 (£5 discount available for Directory Makers)
Our aim is to provide information and skills development for amateurs and early career professional looking to set up and structure a creative business from their artworks and designs
Why should you attend?
- Find out about how to turn your making into your brand and a business tool
- Get direct and professional advice on the key logistics of how to structure a creative business and how to build an audience for your business
- Maker presentations, offering their knowledge, advice and expertise on how they set up their business.
‘I really enjoyed today, it was very inspiring’ Sue Gregor delegate at Branding workshop in Bristol
Who is speaking?
- Talent Development managers sharing their wealth of knowledge on running a portfolio practice, business planning and marketing advice
- Two established makers providing an insight to their business and giving valuable advice on their experiences with setting up their businesses
‘Amazingly interesting and broad range of speakers’ Zoe Davidson delegate at Branding workshop hosted in Bristol
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics that need to be considered on where to start with marketing your craft, the potential costs and how to utilise your time and investment
- Inspirational speakers to advise and to help you realise your brand ambitions and growth of your creative business
- What is a brand? Key knowledge and advice given to finding your unique selling point that will help establish your brand
‘Thank you for not doing this only in London’ from delegate at Social Media workshop in Liverpool
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Career Start Up workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully
'It was also really good to network and meet such lovely people. Everyone was really helpful and approachable.' Sue Bibby delegate from Funding workshop in Birmingham,