How do I start and structure my creative business?
Our aim is to provide information and skills development for amateurs and early career professionals looking to set up and structure a creative business for their artworks and designs.
Why should you attend?
- Find out about how to turn your making into your brand and a business tool
- Get direct and professional advice on the key logistics of how to structure a creative business and how to build an audience for your business
- A presentation by an experienced maker, offering their knowledge, advice and expertise on how they set up their business
‘Thank you for such an informative and inspiring talk on Tuesday and for following up with contact details and the presentation. I came home with a spring in my step and I feel the talk has given me more confidence.’ Shelley Bock, delegate at Craft Fairs Explained workshop hosted in Worthing.
Who is speaking?
- Talent Development manager Caroline Jackman, has over 20 years’ experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Established maker Lee Borthwick will be providing an insight to her business and giving valuable advice on her experiences with setting up her businesses.
‘Amazingly interesting and broad range of speakers’ Zoe Davidson, delegate at Branding workshop hosted in Bristol.
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics that need to be considered on where to start with marketing your craft, the potential costs and how to utilise your time and investment
- Advice on the toolkits, planning and top tips on how to manage your time, how to price your work and the potential outlets available to your products.
- What is a brand? Key knowledge and advice given to finding your unique selling point that will help establish your brand
‘Thank you for not doing this only in London’ Social Media workshop delegate, hosted in Liverpool.
12.30pm Arrival, registration and tea/coffee
12.45pm Welcome and Introductions
1.10 pm Caroline Jackman, Talent Development Manager, Crafts Council
2.20pm Lee Borthwick - Maker presentation
3.45pm End of workshop/ chat to other makers
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Career Start Up workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.
'It was also really good to network and meet such lovely people. Everyone was really helpful and approachable.' Sue Bibby delegate from Funding workshop in Birmingham.