Want to expand your product range or portfolio practice? Looking to grow your business but cannot produce the quantity?
Don't fear the manufacturing process, it can make a significant benefit to your business capacity, income and growth!
Why should you attend?
- Find out how to visualise the expansion of your business.
- Get direct and professional advice from industry experts on the logistics of working with manufacturers.
- Experienced makers will be sharing their top tips on working with manufacturers and fabricators in the UK and abroad.
Who is speaking?
- Fi Scott - Fi is a manufacturing geek, a designer and the founder of Make Works. Frustrated at not knowing where to get things made, she began factory finding in Scotland in 2012 and has since visited, interviewed, filmed and photographed over 200 manufacturers, material suppliers and workshop facilities that are all too often hidden away in industrial estates or difficult to find online. The core focus of Make Works is making access to these manufacturers easier by providing an open-access directory of manufacturers with in-depth information, photography and short films.
- Experienced makers offering advice and expertise on working with manufacturers and fabricators, providing valuable insight into how working with them has grown and developed their businesses.
- Ruth Claxton will be introducting you to STEAMhouse, a new studio based facility for Birmingham creative businesses to develop and thrive.
What is on offer?
- Advice on what to expect when working with manufacturers including contracts, budget planning, timescales and potential order requirements.
- How to realise your business potential, whether through batch production or scaling up to large scale projects.
- What investment you need to be considering when working with manufacturers and fabricators.
12.45pm Arrival, Registration and Tea/Coffee
1.00 pm Welcome and Introductions
1.30 pm Industry Advisor Presentation
2.40pm Maker Presentation
3.20pm Maker Presentation
4pm Reflections and Q+A
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
How to expand my creative business workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.