Make the most of your online presentation, marketing and social media.
Do you have a showcase, an open studio event or an exhibition coming up? Are you applying to grant organisations, selected programmes or exhibitions? This workshop will offer a visual insight into the ways makers and designers can present themselves online and generate interest in their practice.
What is on offer?
- Advice on understanding how to promote your work
- Tips on developing a brand through your vision and values
- Where to focus your online marketing
- Advice on understanding and utilising social media marketing
- Why an online profile is important, what you should be considering and how to make the most of potential opportunities
- Introduction to approaching press outlets
Who is speaking?
- An industry expert to help you with self-promotion, your branding, establishing a marketing strategy and shaping your online promotion
- Sarah Raad, Business Development Director at Tent and Nick James, Furniture Maker, will be offering you key tips on building a sustainable business through online marketing and promotion.
1.15 pm - Welcome and introduction
1.50pm - Sarah Raad, Business Development Director at Tent
2.50pm - Break
3.10pm - Sarah Raad workshop continues
3.50pm - Nick James, Furniture Maker
4.30pm - Reflections and Q&A
4.40pm - Networking
5.15pm - Finish
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.