Are you struggling to navigate social media?
Do you have a showcase, an open studio event or an exhibition coming up? Are you applying to grant organisations? To selected programmes or exhibitions? Do you wish to be successful in your showcases or applications?
This workshop will offer a visual insight into how makers and designers can present themselves online and how to generate interest and income to their practice.
Why it’s worth attending?
- Advice on understanding how to promote your unique offer
- Tips on developing a brand through your vision and values
- Tips on where to focus your online marketing
‘Thank you for such an informative and inspiring talk on Tuesday and for following up with contact details and the presentation. I came home with a spring in my step and I feel the talk has given me more confidence.’ Shelley Bock,delegate at Crafts Fairs Explained workshop in Worthing.
Who is speaking?
- Emma Tweedie, Teacake Tuesday PR whose clients have included Marks and Spencer, John Lewis, Timothy Everest MBE, C.L.A.S.S, Crafts Council NI, Halcyon Days, Amelia Rope. Emma will be helping you get to grips with self promotion, your branding, establishing a marketing strategy and help you shape your online promotion
- Tessa Eastman, ceramic artist, will be offering you key tips on building a sustainable business through online promotion
‘Amazingly interesting and broad range of speakers...’ Zoe Davidson delegate at Branding workshop hosted in Bristol.
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics to understand and utilise social media marketing
- Why an online profile is important, what you should be considering and how to make the most of potential opportunities.
- Introduction to approaching press outlets
12.45pm Arrive & registration, tea/coffee
1.15pm Welcome and introductions
1.45pm Industry advisor
2.50pm Workshop continued
3.20pm Maker presentation
4.00pm Reflections & Q&A
5.00pm Finish workshop
‘Thank you for not doing this only in London.’ delegate at a Social Media workshop in Liverpool.
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
This Reaching Your Market workshop is part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to promote their work successfully.