The Institute of Making is a multidisciplinary research club for those interested in the made world: from makers of molecules to makers of buildings, synthetic skin to spacecraft, soup to diamonds, socks to cities. Its mission is to provide all makers with a creative home in which to innovate, contemplate and understand all aspects of materials and an inspiring place to explore their relationship to making.
The Crafts Council's Young people's group will be offered a unique peek behind the scenes of the Institute. We'll explore the Materials Library – a growing repository of some of the most extraordinary materials on earth— and hear about the amazing projects under development in the Makespace.
After our tour we'll go for a coffee and a catch-up. Everyone is invited to bring along a creative project they're working on to share with the group. If you don't want to share this time, come along and listen!
Crafts Council Young People's Group: why get involved?
This new network of Londoners aged 16-25 brings together those who are passionate about craft and making to co-produce projects and events with us at the Crafts Council, and in doing so help shape the future of craft in the UK.
Come along if you love to make, or are just keen to find out more - all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome!
- Join a new network of young people passionate about craft and making
- Be involved in shaping our young people’s programme; work alongside staff and makers to co-produce programmes for other young people
- Take part in creative workshops and meet and collaborate with professionals working in the craft and creative industries
- Access opportunities, training and advice (including Arts Award)
- Learn new skills and develop your CV
Can’t make it this time? There’s more to come!
We hold monthly get-togethers both at the Crafts Council in Angel and out and about at other venues. To find out more about our young people's programme and to be kept informed of all upcoming events, workshops and opportunities for young people, please email email@example.com