The Luxury Issue
In our biggest issue ever we celebrate the third Crafts Council and V&A partnership exhibition, What is Luxury? exploring craft’s complex relationship with luxury in this special edition of the magazine.
Also in this issue:
- On the eve of what could be his last-ever exhibition, we talk to the ceramist Rupert Spira about a career in clay
- There’s a picture essay from William Hall’s new book, Brick, which celebrates one of our most ubiquitous, yet underappreciated, building materials
- We catch up with furniture designer Sebastian Cox and willow-weaver Laura Ellen Bacon to discuss their inspiring new collaboration
- Gareth Neal asks if the word ‘craft’ can lose its meaning
PLUS, three free supplements:
What is Luxury?
- Journalist and broadcaster, Paul Mason on the economics of luxury
- Curators Jana Scholze and Leanne Wierzba introduce What is Luxury?
- Crafts Council’s head of exhibitions and collections, Annabelle Campbell on the meaning of value
- Emma Love asks the country’s leading makers and retailers for one piece of advice for today’s graduates
- Peter Mosley considers the importance of the carefully-calculated risk
- Julia Bennett highlights the issues facing education and making
Crafts Guide to COLLECT 2015
- Our editor, Grant Gibson profiles Tord Boontje
- Corinne Julius previews the Crafts Council jewellery exhibition, I AM HERE
- Emma Love on the experimental work coming together for COLLECT Open
Buy this Issue Subscribe