Woodside Avenue Development LLP, a joint venture between Eastleigh Borough Council and Vivid Housing Limited, is looking to appoint a public artist to create a high-quality permanent public art feature as part of a new residential development in Eastleigh.
The aims and objectives of this art project are to:
- Create a bespoke public art feature to be located on a new area of public open space.
- Contribute to an active community space that meets the needs of the residents, supports social interaction and increases the positive usage of the area.
- Celebrate the local heritage and culture of the surrounding area.
- Contribute to a distinctive and unique identity for the new development.
Role of the artist: The project is looking to appoint an artist / craftsperson to design, fabricate, deliver and install an artwork on the site.
They will be responsible for:
- Working with a steering group to develop the design.
- Developing a community engagement programme to ensure that the opportunities to engage with local residents and other active community groups are optimised.
- Developing the design and fabricate (or manage the fabrication), deliver and install the public art.
- Provide a photographic record of the project for the local media. Artists’
Fee: A budget of £30,000 (including VAT) is available for this commission. The budget is to cover all fees (including planning application fees) community workshops, materials, fabrication and delivery.
How to Apply
To register interest in the project, please submit the following information to John Crapper at firstname.lastname@example.org: - A current CV - Five examples of previous relevant projects including client details and images - A short statement about your interest in the project and how your experience is relevant (not more than 500 words), For a full commission brief , visit the "Opportunities" section of www.creativeeastleigh.co.uk