What is Craft Rally?
Craft Rally is an inclusive, dynamic and inspirational opportunity for makers to exchange information and ideas delivered via a physical and virtual network. Craft Rally is open to all makers at any stage in their career, wherever they are based.
Craft Rally was launched in London in March 2010 and since then events have taken place in Sheffield and Manchester with over 200 makers attending. Many issues have been discussed at these events including collaborative working, sustainability and developing relationships with industry.
The aims of Craft Rally are:
- To develop a national network of knowledge transfer for makers across all career points and disciplines
- To provide a critical mass of inspirational makers who can demonstrate and share innovative and aspiring models of practice
- To profile new and challenging projects or models of best practice for further support
-To encourage debate around, and the setting of, new agendas and directions for contemporary craft practice in the 21st Century
- To develop a sustainable community of practice at a national and in time, international level
- To develop a virtual network to encourage debate and discussion beyond and around the events
- To provide opportunities for cross discipline/cross sector/peer group discussion between makers, CPD providers, and other relevant and interested organisations.