Make:Shift takes place from 10 – 11 November 2016 at Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester. Join us for an action-packed two day conference exploring innovation through craft.
What is Make:Shift?
Make-Shift explores the importance of craft and innovation to the future of making in a dynamic, thought-provoking and engaging environment.
What are this year’s themes?
In 2016 Make:Shift will demonstrate the value of craft innovation in:
· social innovation
· healthcare and wellbeing
It looks to demonstrate the distinctive characteristics of craft and unveil how makers collaborate and catalyse innovation in other sectors and industries. The practices presented will span robotics, smart materials, bio design, connected wearables alongside more traditional craft disciplines.
Visit make-shift.org.uk to read more on the different sessions and download the programme here.
What should I expect?
A packed two-day event including panel discussions, interviews, keynote presentations, dynamic research workshops/think-tanks, hands-on materials table and behind the scenes tours of the Museum of Science and Industry.
Who is speaking?
Leading specialists, practitioners and experts from the fields of science, engineering, architecture, robotics, medicine and manufacturing. Headline speakers include:
- Mark Miodownik, Director of Institute of Making
- Ghislaine Boddington, Creative Director of body>data>space
- Lucy Siegle, journalist, author and broadcaster
- Jeremy Myerson, Co-Founder and Chair of Design of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design
For full speaker line- up visit www.make-shift.org.uk and follow us on Twitter #CCMakeShift @CraftsCouncilUK for programme updates.
When and where:
10 November 2016 – 11 November 2016
Museum of Science and Industry
Doors open at 11:00am on Thursday 10th November, with sessions beginning at 12:00pm. The conference will finish by 3:30pm on Friday 11th November.
Terms and conditions
- Tickets include access to the conference and catering for both days of the event.
- Accommodation and travel is not included in the ticket price. Delegates need to make their own arrangements.
- If, for whatsoever reason, you do not turn up for the event (a "no show”) this shall be considered a cancellation. You will be charged the full amount for your place and a refund will not be given.
- Delegate places are not interchangeable over the duration of the conference period i.e. delegate places cannot be shared between individuals. This applies to both group and individual bookings.
- The booking may be transferred to another person within the same organisation at any time up to 48 hours before the event if you notify the Crafts Council by email.
- The Crafts Council will make every effort to deliver the programme and timetable as described but reserves the right to make any necessary changes and endeavours to notify delegates accordingly and tickets are non-refundable.
- All ticket prices are inclusive of UK VAT at 20%