The Crafts Council is a vibrant organisation dedicated to promoting crafts in the 21st century. And we're a London Living Wage employer. Come work with us!
Bid Proposal Writer
Location: Islington, London
Remuneration: £26,000 - £29,000, dependent on experience
Following a recent strategic restructure of the Development team, you will play a key role working closely with the Development Officer to support our Head of Development and Director of Development.
The Bid Proposal Writer will work across a rich and varied portfolio of prospects. They will support colleagues to ignite a passion for craft from prospective supporters through development of captivating and credible approaches to luxury brands, leading companies, renowned trusts, passionate individuals and key statutory funders.
This is a new role which will support the whole team by acting as a key link to form outstanding fundraising approaches to a range of potential supporters. The post holder will support the Development team to significantly grow our levels of support ahead of our 50th anniversary celebrations in 2021, through implementation of our 3-year fundraising strategy and campaign.
- To support the Head of Development to scope, research and draft compelling fundraising approaches focused on individual, trust, foundation, statutory and corporate asks
- To liaise with teams across the Crafts Council to collect key intel and collateral to inform applications and proposals, supplementing with wider self-directed research
- To draft and develop high quality and applications, incorporating information from a range of sources, to comprise detailed Case for Support, comprehensive and competitive budgets and considered monitoring and evaluation processes
- To develop and maintain effective communications with key funders, acting as a key point of contact for all administration and contract management purposes
- To identify new prospects, feed into the development of prospect profiles and ratings and maintain and develop the Crafts Council’s database of fundraising prospects
- To write impactful reports for donors supporting the Crafts Council, ensuring reports demonstrate the positive impact of this support and encourage repeat gifts
- To keep abreast of regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), ensuring that all prospect research and cultivation is compliant and understood by the fundraisers
- Participate in the day to day work of the organisation – such as reporting, attending team meetings, and taking a flexible approach to general administrative and support tasks
How to Apply
Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by Friday 13 September 2019.
If you have any questions please contact Helen on firstname.lastname@example.org.