In partnership with the Crafts Council
For a second year running the National Trust launch the 2018 National Trust Artisan & Craft Retail Open Call. This is an opportunity for talented makers to develop a product range inspired by their special properties and places.
The product range of the successful maker will be launched in up to 10 stores across the country, helping to support British craft and continue to grow the nation's love of National Trust properties.
Applications will be shortlisted against the below criteria:
- Commercial potential
What we are looking for:
- A maker with a high level of aesthetic vision and whose work demonstrates excellent craft skills.
- A maker whose work takes / can take inspiration from a National Trust place or properties
- A maker who can supply the National Trust with the selected range of works exclusively for sale at National Trust shops from May '18 until approximately May '19
- The selected maker would need to be able to work to professional specifications regarding packaging and delivery to a retail distribution centre (with guidance from the National Trust retail team).
- The selected maker will be required to participate in promotional activity to promote the relationship; the development of video content and interviews for example
To apply you need to create a Crafts Council website account and apply through your dashboard
Deadline for applications: 4pm, Monday 3rd September 2018.