Make! Craft! Live! is a year-long programme of nationwide exhibitions, learning events, fairs, and digital activities that celebrates the value of craft to empower, enrich and connect our society.
Running from October 2021 to October 2022 - the Crafts Council would like to work with partners up and down the country to present 50 craft activities at a variety of venues. These events can take place in craft studios, museums, galleries, cultural venues, schools, community centres and online.
We are particularly interested in projects that can demonstrate that they engage with one or more of the following areas:
- Spotlighting, supporting or showcasing makers from Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ makers and makers who identify as having a visible or non-visible disability.
- Championing ideas of equity and social justice.
- Highlighting new cutting-edge practice that seeks to push or challenges the boundaries of craft.
- Prioritising collaboration and collective ways of working.
- Exploring crafts’ positive impact on mental health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrating how craft can help protect and restore our environment and address issues of climate injustice.