Pearpod is a small business in Bristol who design, weave and sell willow pods, with the intention of dedicating a space to rest and replenishment. Having woven the pods single-handedly for over five years, the founder is now looking for an experienced, freelance basketmaker.
If you truly love the process of weaving, can work independently and bring your own skill set, insights and ideas to the job they would like to hear from you.
The role is initially on an ad-hoc basis, roughly one day per week. Pearpod can be flexible with days and times to fit around your schedule.
The role will take place in Bristol Studios, a lovely, bright space and everyone is friendly.
Your role will be to weave the pods, including managing the willow soaking and tidy up. Pods range from 80cm to 1.2m wide.
Please share your usual hourly/daily rate. This can then be discussed, and a rate can be agreed that we’re both happy with.
- Experience - Willow basketry or larger-scale weaving.
- Time management - An understanding of your own pace and the ability to work independently.
- Organisation - The space must be kept clean and tidy.
- Quality - Every pod needs to be woven with care and attention, to ensure the pods are durable and a joy to use.
- Love of making - To love the process and look forward to coming into the studio.
- Transparency - To speak honestly and openly, express how we really feel.
- Communication - Always key!
- Respect - Everyone is equally as important and should be treated as such.
- Questions - There's always room for improvements within Pearpod. Your fresh perspective and new ideas are welcome.
- Humour - Always space for silliness. It’s good for the mind and soul and makes for happy weaving!