Join the Crafts Council and multi-disciplinary artist Yinka Ilori in leading a series of CPD workshops for teachers on Friday 9 July.
The Crafts Council is proud to announce a nationwide Craft School challenge for learning practitioners wishing to engage their students with craft thinking and making. Created in collaboration with Crafts Council trustee Yinka Ilori, the creative challenge will celebrate three vital themes; Play, Storytelling and Empowerment.
Ahead of the challenge launch this summer, we are looking for three craft educators or craft makers to deliver one practical session on each of the themes. We will be uplifting and celebrating craft in the classroom and the teachers that deliver it through an exploration of craft skills, new and old.
For each session we will be paying a fee of £200, which will include the planning and delivery of the activity.
- Each session will be delivered online in the form of a 'make-along' activity.
- These activities must be both engaging and easy to follow as not all learning practitioners will have specialist skills.
- The activity will be streamed online by a digital platform called Remo. This video conferencing tool will allow participants to easily network with each other, ask questions and reflect on their practice.
- Please note the CPD activities will be recorded for future distribution.
Each session will include a 30-minute practical workshop and a further 20 minutes for conversation. The conversation will be managed by the event facilitators but is intended to be an informal chance to reflect with the group lead.
- Play - 10.45 - 11.50 am
- Storytelling - 13.15 - 14.35 pm
- Empowerment - 14.50 - 15.40 pm