Clay Shed is thrilled to be able to deliver our Graduate Residency Programme (GRP) for a second year. Launched in 2020 the GRP provides an exciting opportunity for a recent graduate to access ceramic specialist facilities, join a thriving community of ceramic artists, develop technical skills and gain first-hand insights into the running of a successful ceramics studio.
The GRP aims to bridge the gap between university/college and going it alone by continuing critical conversations about practice whilst offering practical advice about studio management and professional development.
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- subsidised personal studio space
- access to making spaces, wheels, areas for glazing and plaster casting
- professional development opportunities
- first-hand experience relating to managing a ceramic studio
- opportunities to deliver workshops and classes assisting with open studios and events
- £250 grant to support the culmination of a body of work
The GRP is available to recent graduates of ceramic undergraduate and postgraduate courses, or from related degrees where ceramics is used as a primary material. We also accept applications from ceramic specialist HND courses subject to suitable critical engagement with practice. Applicants must be UK based and have graduated within the past 5 years. We will accept applicants who have previously applied.