Established in 1961, the Federation of British Artists (FBA) is a major visual arts charity championing figurative art. It operates the Mall Galleries and comprises nine of the UK’s leading art societies. For its 60th anniversary, the FBA is launching a brand-new online exhibition and prize: Figurative Art Now.
Figurative artists of any age working in the UK can enter online for the chance to be selected by an eminent judging panel of artists and critics. The selected work will show in Figurative Art Now this summer. The exhibition welcomes a variety of work in assorted styles and media including painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking and illustration.
- Jo Baring, Director of the Ingram Collection of Modern British and Contemporary Art
- Andrew Gifford, artist
- Clare O’Brien, CEO of the Mall Galleries
- Barbara Walker, artist
- Jonathan Watkins, Director of the Ikon Gallery
- A solo exhibition at the Mall Galleries - this selling exhibition will last a week and include coverage on the Mall Galleries website and expenses.
- Figurative Art Prize: £5,000 in cash from the Federation of British Artists
- Mentorship Prize: studio visits and workshops on digital marketing, exhibition administration and management for 3 early career artists
- Artist Feature Prize: a dedicated profile on the Federation of British Artists and Mall Galleries online platforms including website, newsletter, and social media.
- Tuesday 1 June 2021: Deadline to enter
- Friday 18 June 2021: Results announced
- Monday 5 July: Exhibition opens
- Sunday 19 September 2021: Exhibition closes