The Craft Potters Association was formed in 1958 to promote the work of its members and to increase public awareness of contemporary studio pottery, opening their first small shop in Soho, in London’s West End. As the membership grew, the Craftsman Potter’s Shop and Gallery moved around the corner to larger premises in Marshall Street.
As the only specific marketing role in our small business (12 employees, 3 freelance) you will have a broad brief across a diverse organisation, with a lot of autonomy and the chance to implement your own ideas.
This position will suit someone with great ability and imagination seeking to build their experience and portfolio. As our marketing co-ordinator you will:
- Know your way around Facebook and Google Adwords and Adsense backends, lookalike audiences, and how to analyse the data to make sure we’re using our assets effectively
- Use your aesthetic sense to work with graphic designers, photographers and web programmers to generate beautiful and persuasive print and digital marketing material of the highest standard
- Write approachable informed copy designed to sell ceramics, invite audiences and seduce new buyers
- Use statistics and analytics to get to know our audience and understand better how to grow it
- Be confident around IT, Google problems when you find them and engage with the tech support on chat
- Find the information you need to build great stories, consulting our gallery manager, magazine editor and interviewing the makers themselves