Entries for the New Artist of the Year Award 2022 are officially open! Emerging artists can submit their work for the chance to showcase at Saatchi Gallery and win a £10,000 cash prize.
UK New Artists is proud to collaborate with Robert Walters Group and Saatchi Gallery for the third year of the awards, championing the next generation of artists. From a free open call across the UK we are seeking to discover 10 outstanding artists whose work demonstrates a strong and original voice, and is of exceptional artistic quality.
The 10 shortlisted artists’ work will be exhibited at the Saatchi Gallery, curated by Garth Gratrix, for a VIP awards evening, as well as in a virtual gallery space, online following the award.
- First Award: £10,000 cash prize
- Second Award: £5,000 cash prize
- People’s Choice Award: Opportunity to take part in one of UK New Artists’ international presentations.
To be eligible for the award, you must be aged 18 or over, within the first 10 years of your professional practice, and have the right to live, work or study in the UK.
Artists should be working within the following fields:
- Applied arts: ceramics, glass, textiles, jewellery
- Digital Arts: Moving image, performance video, technological arts
- Fine Arts: painting, printmaking, photography, installation, sculpture.