Short one to one advice sessions with Crafts Council Talent Development in Manchester
Are you looking for specific advice and explore ideas for your creative business? Or do you need a spark of inspiration or an action plan to take your work forward?
Book a 20-minute portfolio advice session with Crafts Council Talent Development manager Katia Stewart who has over 10 years’ experience in working in the arts and creative industries. With a making background herself and a career dedicated to supporting the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals, Katia understands maker’s needs.
Tailored for you and fully confidential, this session will enable you to talk about your ideas or concerns about your creative practice. You will go away with a set of action points to implement in your practice.
VENUE: Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair | Upper Campfield Market Hall | Barton St | Manchester M3 4NN
DATE: Friday, 11 October 2019
TIME: 20-minute sessions are available at allocated times between 10:30 to 17:00
BOOK YOUR SESSION via Eventbrite: £20 (this ticket includes free entry to the fair)
For information about the fair visit the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair website here: www.greatnorthernevents.co.uk
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- You book a session with the advisor on the day and time indicated using our Eventbrite page.
- You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
- Come prepared with ready questions and up to 10 images of your work and ideally a sample of your work. Please note, do not rely on Wi-Fi, if your images are on a digital device, make sure they are accessible.
WHAT SHOULD I PREPARE IN ADVANCE?
Answer the following questions and send together with your CV, statement and up to three jpeg images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How much time do you spend on your creative practice each week?
- What is your current challenge in your creative practice?
- What is your goal for your creative practice for the year ahead?
- What is making you happy at this moment with regards to your creative practice?
Advice surgeries are a part of a series of Talent Development workshops designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to strengthen their business development and promote their work successfully.
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.