Are you looking for a brain storm session for your creative business? Or do you need a spark of inspiration or an action plan to take your work forward?
One to one advice sessions with Crafts Council Talent Development team in Manchester at the Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair - Upper Campfield Market Hall - Barton St - M3 4NN Manchester
Book a 20 minute portfolio advice session with Crafts Council Talent Development manager Katia Stewart who has over 10 years’ experience in working in the arts and creative industries. With a making background herself and a career dedicated to supporting the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals, Katia understands maker’s needs.
How it works:
- You book a session with the advisor on the day and time indicated using our Eventbrite page.
- You supply the advisor with information in advance (requirements indicated below)
- Come prepared with ready questions and up to 10 images of your work and ideally a sample of your work. Please note, do not rely on wifi, if your images are on a digital device, make sure they are accessible.
What should I prepare in advance?
Answer the following questions and send together with your CV, statement and up to three jpeg images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 4th of October at the latest.
- How much time do you spend on your creative practice each week?
- What is your current challenge in your creative practice at the moment?
- What is your goal for 2018 for your creative practice?
- What is making you happy at this moment with regards to your creative practice?
Advice surgeries are a part of a series of Business development workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to strengthen their business development and promote their work successfully.
Crafts Council courses, events, talks and workshops strike a balance between information-led and practical training, always in a friendly, open atmosphere that encourages discussion and informal networking.