In our January meeting we'll be joined by Sarah Atkins who is a creative and branding coach with over 15 years experience of working in the fashion industry and as a surface design tutor.
Over the course of the workshop Sarah will teach us using creative exercises how to develop a brand identity and mission statement. We'll find out what makes a good brand iconic, how a name and visual identity can tell a story about your values, and the power of a good mission statement!
Sarah's coaching and mentoring covers:
- Helping new and emerging designers move forward with their practise
- Building self-confidence and networking skills
- Developing a personal brand and identity
As I know several members of the group are looking to move into product design careers or courses, if it would be helpful to set aside some time for questions about her career path please let us know when you book your place.
As usual there will be pizza provided!
Attending this event is free, just sign up via eventbrite. Spaces are limited- if you register and then find you can't make it after all, please email email@example.com to let us know so that we can give your place to someone else.
More about the Crafts Council Young People's group:
Creative and aged 16-25? Get involved with the Crafts Council's Young People's Group!
This new network of Londoners aged 16-25 brings together those who are passionate about craft and making to co-produce projects and events with us at the Crafts Council, and in doing so help shape the future of craft in the UK.
- Come along if you love to make, or are just keen to find out more - all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome!
- Join a new network of young people passionate about craft and making
- Be involved in shaping our young people’s programme; work alongside staff and makers to co-produce programmes for other young people
- Take part in creative workshops and meet and collaborate with professionals working in the craft and creative industries
- Access opportunities, training and advice (including Arts Award)
- Learn new skills and develop your CV
Can’t make it this time? There’s more to come!
We hold monthly get-togethers both at the Crafts Council in Angel and out and about at other venues. To find out more about our young people's programme and to be kept informed of all upcoming events, workshops and opportunities for young people, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there age requirements to attend the meeting?
Yes, you need to be aged 16-25 to attend the meeting
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact us with any questions by emailing email@example.com