How to apply
Step 1: Register with Creative Scotland from midday, 10 November for a unique reference number to allow you to process your application. https://www.creativescotland.com/creative-freelancers
Step 2. Complete and submit the request form through our online portal: https://craftscouncil.smapply.io/
Please let us know if you need any support with submitting a request, for example if you have any access needs, are unable to complete the online application form, or if English is not your first language. For access support, please contact
- We will determine your eligibility by reviewing the information provided in your CV / biography to ensure that you are a freelance screen practitioner as defined by this fund. As part of our process Craft Scotland will assist us in reviewing your application.
- If necessary, we will contact your referee with a standard request to verify that you / your company has provided services as a craft practitioner.
- If required, we will contact you to clarify information provided in your request. We may also request additional information to help us verify that you derive your income from freelance work in the craft sector.
- After approving your request and upon receipt of your account details, we will pay 100% of the bursary requested.
- There will be no contract for the bursary and we will not seek any monitoring or reporting information after the bursary payment.
Please note: We will be working in a partnership arrangement with Craft Scotland who will support our team in reviewing and processing requests submitted to the Hardship Fund. To ensure the appropriate use of public funding and to avoid duplication, Crafts Council may share certain information for comparison purposes (including your name, email address, type of fund applied to and funding amount requested) with a third party funding organisation, who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it.
If we cannot establish that you are a freelance craft practitioner whose earnings are directly impacted by COVID-19 we will let you know that your request has not been approved. This decision will be final.
We will respond to all requests within 4 weeks from the date of receipt, and will try to respond more quickly where possible. If our capacity becomes reduced we will contact you to discuss an amended timescale. If you need help with submitting a request due to access needs, or are unable to fill in the online application form or require information in other formats, please get in touch with us and we can arrange support for you.