Job Title: Full or part time glass making assistant
Starting salary: £21,000 : Dependent on experience and hours Hours: 8.00am > 4.30pm Monday > Friday (TBC)
- The successful applicant will be an entry level assistant in both the hot and cold workshop, helping to batch produce our products to an extremely high standard.
- You will require an exacting eye for detail and a passion for well executed craftsmanship.
- You will work with our talented team of glassblowers.
- Your main responsibilities will split between assisting in the hot and cold workshops.
- Must be hard working with the desire to learn the ‘craft’ of glass making.
- The job is manual and physical, you need to be able to work in a workshop environment for the entire week.
- The ability to lift up to 25kg is necessary.
- You will also share responsibility for routine maintenance and general upkeep of the workshops in line with current health and safety practices.
- This will include furnace charging and maintenance, ordering of supplies and machinery maintenance.
- You must be extremely reliable with good punctuality.
- The ability to fit in harmoniously with our existing team.
- Basic computer literacy and fluency in English expected.
- You will also be expected to help with other workshop tasks including (but not limited too) packing and cleaning throughout the week.
- It is an advantage to have some hot glass experience (either in college or professionally) but this is not a prerequisite.
- Ideally you will have experience using rod colour, gathering puntys and using hot workshop equipment.
- We will provide ‘on the job’ training and for the right person
Our long term aim is to progress our assistants' technical skills whilst they are with us.