Applications are open for Make It 2021. Make It offers London-based makers aged 16-26 space and support to build their own craft-based business.
The two-year programme is designed to give you everything you need to start. Selected makers will get a free studio space at Cockpit Arts for 12 months, access to onsite workshops in business basics and one-to-one coaching. You’ll be part of a thriving creative community of 150 makers. In the second year, we ask only for a small contribution of £20 a week.
We encourage applications from those who are underrepresented in craft including non-graduates, disabled, D/deaf and neurodiverse people, LGBTQ+ people, and people from black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds. We also welcome applicants from a range of educational backgrounds as we do not require a minimum formal qualification for this programme.
This is for you, if you:
– Are aged 16-26
– Are based in London
– Have a craft skill that you’ve self-taught, learnt on the job or studied
– Have made something you’re proud of and want to sell or exhibit
– Face challenges and need time, space and support to get to the next level
– Will commit to the programme and building your business at least 2 days a week
– Be willing and able to make a commitment to take up the programme for its full duration from February 2021.