We're looking for an experienced Technical Diploma Coordinator with experience of jewellery sector to join the workshop to provide coordination and support to our highly skilled Bench Jeweller tutors and learners. You will support the Head of Academy in leading the coordination of the BAJ Technical Diploma Programme. The post holder will work closely with tutors and students to achieve high quality delivery that inspires the next generation or jewellers.
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job are:
• Coordinate, plan, and review the BAJ Technical Diploma Programme in liaison with the Head of Academy and Academic Programmes.
• Support the implementation of the Teaching and Learning strategy within the programme area to an outstanding level. Assist with training tutors, including undertaking training sessions in agreement with the Head of Academy, giving feedback to tutors, advising on curriculum methodology and materials.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of staff and lead the orientation, training and induction of new tutors on the Diploma programme.
• Work with the Head of Academy and Programme Coordinator to create and manage the departmental timetable for the BAJ Technical Diploma, including the managing of room bookings and liaison with all staff (including freelance tutors) in the implementation of the timetable.
• Coordinate and manage tutor requests/queries (including, but not limited to: absence management, payroll queries, work-related issues); escalating complex issues to the Head of the Academy.
• Undertake teaching commitments in the subject area including providing cover for absent colleagues when required.
• In liaison with the Head of the Academy, organise team meetings, including setting the agenda and organising the recording of minutes. • Promote equality and diversity, health and safety, safeguarding, quality and an outstanding student experience. • Undertake any other duties as appropriate to the post.
How to Apply
If you are interested for the position, please provide you CV and your Cover Letter to the following email address: HR@baj.ac.uk