Panel Discussion 1 — 2.40-4.10
- Dr. Zoe Laughlin – Creative Director and Curator of Materials, Institute of Making, UCL
- Sarat Babu - Designer and Materials Architect, Research Assistant at Imperial College and Senior Visiting Tutor on Innovation Design Engineering
- Mark Burrows – Head of Making at Heatherwick Studio
- Professor Julia Lohmann
- How are the contexts of craft and making being extended by new materials and processes? What are current working examples of this?
- How are these new materials extending the craft sector and shifting the way it engages with the world? What are examples of this?
- How are makers developing and appropriating new materials? What does this mean for the sector?
- How is this driving innovation within the craft sector, opening up opportunities for collaboration, revealing new processes and how are the results of this innovation redefining the meaning of craft and extending the boundaries of the sector?
Materials of Invention 2.40-3.10
- Mark Champkins - product designer and Inventor in Residence, Science Museum
- Mark Miodownik – Director of Institute of Making and Professor of Materials and Society, UCL
Sonic Pattern & the Textility of Code 3.10-3.40
- Dr. Claire Pajaczkowska - Senior Research Tutor in Fashion and Textiles in the School of Material
- Dr. Alex Mclean - Co-leads the AHRC Live Coding Research Network, Research Fellow in Human/Technology Interfaces, and Deputy Director of ICSRiM, School of Music, University of Leeds
- Dr. Becky Stewart - Creative technologist and founding member of Anti-Alias Labs. Co-founder of Codasign, a creative technology education company