A collective of 16-25 year olds interested in shaping the future of craft, design and making in the UK
The Crafts Council’s Young People’s Programme brings together young people based in London who are interested in craft, design and making to co-produce projects and events with us at the Crafts Council, and in doing so help shape the future of craft in the UK.
Join us at our monthly get-togethers if you love to make, or are just keen to find out more – all backgrounds and experience levels are welcome!
Here's what we get up to:
- Monthly meetings at our headquarters, where the group can share ideas, get support from staff and fellow members, and plan content and activity.
- Trips out, such as behind the scenes tours, studio visits, screenings and talks
- As a group, plan and deliver workshops and events, screenings and talks
- Our @CraftsYouth twitter feed is programmed by the group and shares creative jobs and opportunities for young people nationwide
Why get involved?
- Join a new network of young people passionate about craft and making
- Take your Bronze, Silver or Gold arts award with us
- We offer paid and voluntary opportunities via our lottery-funded placement, social media volunteer and youth ambassador roles
- Be involved in shaping what we do at Crafts Council; work alongside staff and artists to co-produce events for other young people
- Take part in creative workshops and meet and collaborate with professionals working in the craft and creative industries
- Get advice on CVs, job applications and higher education routes to support your path into the craft industry.
- Free pizza
How to Join
If you are aged 16-25, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the group and we'll let you know when our next meeting is.
Our Young People's Programme is supported by funding from the Big Lottery Fund.
Wheelchair Access Information
Our building is currently undergoing building works, and meetings are being held in our offices at the back of the building. The entrance to the back offices is paved with medium cobblestones. There is a ramp up to the entrance, and an accessible toilet in the building. We do have a lift, but our meetings do take place on the ground floor of the building.
During our building works we won't have a induction loop fitted, but when our Home for Craft is complete we will indeed have one in place. In the meantime, please get in touch at email@example.com if you have any hearing access requirements
Assistance dogs are very welcome to come to meetings
Sensory Processing and/or Autism Related Requirements
The room we hold our meetings can be quite echoey, and with lots of people talking can get very loud. If this is a concern, let us know and we will hold the meeting in a quieter room with a closed door. We can also make sure our activity takes place in smaller groups if this is helpful. If there's anything else we can do to ensure you're able to take part, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a learning impairment and find certain adjustments helpful for you to take part, let us know by emailing email@example.com