The Crafts Council's goal is to make the UK the best place to make, see, collect and learn about contemporary craft.
- To make the UK the best place to make, see, collect and learn about contemporary craft
- To build a strong economy and infrastructure for contemporary craft
- To increase and diversify the audience for contemporary craft
- To champion high quality contemporary craft practice nationally and internationally
- We believe that craft plays a dynamic and vigorous role in the UK’s social, economic and cultural life.
- We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to make, see, collect and learn about craft.
- We believe that the strength of craft lies in its use of traditional and contemporary techniques, ideas and materials to make extraordinary new work.
- We believe that the future of craft lies in nurturing talent; children and young people must be able to learn about craft at school and have access to excellent teaching throughout their education.
Accounts & Business Plan
Partner Survey 2014-2015
Every year we undertake a survey of all our partners to find out what people think about working with us, and how we help them to meet their objectives. For 2014/15, the Partner Survey went to 131 organisations, with a 42% response rate. Responses came from a wide spread of organisations (types of organisation and size) and geographical locations, giving a representative overview of our partners and their feedbackfor the year. You can read more of an overview of the survey here.