These activities serve many audiences, and shift and adapt over time to respond to emerging needs and priorities. However, our activities are supported by a set of principals that underpin the way in which we work:
- We connect with the craft community to identify priorities and gaps
- We invest in research and development to test new ideas, evaluate and reflect
- We share our assets with the sector – our staff, our collection, our gallery, our archive, insight, communications channels and reach
- We scale in partnership to deliver projects of real impact
- We build dynamic relationships beyond the craft world to amplify crafts’ visibility
Our work is funded through a combination of government support via the Arts Council, our own income generating activities, and the generous contributions of a number of companies, trusts and foundations and individuals who support our work.