Join us at our monthly get-togethers if you love to make, would like to build your experience or CV, want your voice heard in the arts, or are just keen to find out more. All backgrounds and experience levels are welcome!
In 2019, we wrote a collaborative mission statement which is: 'Young Craft Citizens are a community of creatives, discovering diverse ways of making, exploring sustainable craft and embarking on a powerful journey at the beginning of our careers'.
What do we get up to?
- Meetings where the group can share ideas, get support from staff and fellow members, and plan content and activity.
- As a group, plan and deliver workshops and events, screenings and talks
- Our @CraftsYouth Twitter feed is programmed by the group and shares creative jobs and opportunities for young people nationwide
- In the past we’ve collaborated with the Barbican, The Science Museum, The William Morris Gallery and jewellery designers Tatty Devine on live events and projects.
Why get involved?
- Join a new network of young people passionate about craft and making
- Take your Bronze, Silver or Gold arts award with us
- We offer paid and voluntary opportunities via our Lottery-funded placement, social media volunteer and youth ambassador roles
- Be involved in shaping what we do at Crafts Council; work alongside staff and artists to co-produce events for other young people
- Take part in creative workshops and meet and collaborate with professionals working in the craft and creative industries
- Get advice on CVs, job applications and higher education routes to support your path into the craft industry.
- Free pizza
How to Join
If you are aged 16-25, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the group and we'll let you know when our next meeting is.
Follow us on Twitter @CraftsYouth