Organised by City & Guilds of London Art School, Material Matters: Clay is a free online symposium that brings together artists, craftspeople, scientists and industry experts to consider both the historic and contemporary uses of clay.
This event takes place on Saturday 9 October, from 10-5pm and runs as part of the Art School's programme of events for London Craft Week 2021.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Javier Cuadros, Natural History Museum: "What on Earth is clay?"
- Darren Ellis & Professor Roger Kneebone, with a live throwing demonstration
- Eva Masterman on community ceramics
- Tony Minter, Bulmer Brick & Tile, & Emma Simpson, Simpson Brickwork Conservation
- Shahpour Pouyan’s ceramic practice Dr Abi Shapiro: "Excavating through possibilities and permutations: Elaine Wilson and clay"
- Maiko Tsutsumi
- Clare Twomey
The symposium is supported by the Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art.
To register your free place visit bit.ly/ClaySymposiumTickets
For more information about the event see material-matters.cityandguildsartschool.ac.uk/clay/coming-soon-clay-symposium-2021
For programme previews go to material-matters.cityandguildsartschool.ac.uk