Make! Craft! Live! is a year-long programme of exhibitions, learning events, fairs, and digital activities that celebrate the value of craft to empower, enrich and connect our society. Taking place from October 2021 – October 2022, the aim of the programme is to connect the public with craft at venues across the UK, including: craft studios, museums, galleries, cultural venues, schools, community centres and online.
This session is to tell you a bit more about Make! Craft! Live! and how to become a partner. We will start with a 15-minute presentation about the programme and application process and then open to questions from participants.
Being a Make! Craft! Live! partner:
- We are principally looking for a range of activity that is free or low-cost and could include:
- Live craft experiences that have been significantly compromised during the pandemic such as craft fairs, markets, and open studio events.
- Craft exhibitions or events (talk, workshop, or similar).
- Activities that provide opportunities for participation – via workshops, drop-in making sessions, and maker demonstrations.
We are particularly interested in projects that can demonstrate that they engage with one or more of the following areas:
- Spotlighting, supporting or showcasing makers from Black, Asian, and ethnically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ makers and makers who identify as having a visible or non-visible disability.
- Championing ideas of equity and social justice.
- Highlighting new cutting-edge practice that seeks to push or challenges the boundaries of craft.
- Prioritising collaboration and collective ways of working.
- Exploring crafts’ positive impact on mental health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrating how craft can help protect and restore our environment and address issues of climate injustice.